Monday, January 7, 2013

"Just What I Need" Books

I have had a life-long love affair with children's picture books.  There is something so magical in the stories that are told.  The illustrations are magnificent and bring the story to life.  And perhaps, most importantly, for me, children's picture books have always been the "Just What I Need Books".  These are the picture books that happened to come into my life right at the time when I most needed the lessons these books could offer.  It is always surprising to me that I could open a picture book and find exactly the life lesson that would help me on my way!

The Velveteen Rabbit,  
 










Ferdinand the Bull, 












 Madeline,  and 










 
Peter's Chair







are just a very few of the children's picture books that have touched me in a special way throughout my life.

In this blog, I will be featuring children's picture books and connecting them to my everyday life and hopefully yours as well!






No comments:

Post a Comment